As our school is a voluntary controlled school, the school determines the admission arrangements in agreement with the LA. The LA is therefore the ‘Admissions Authority’ for our school. The regulations for entry to each school, where the Admissions Authority is the LA, are published each year by the LA. Parents can receive a copy of these regulations directly from the LA.
Application for reception places 2018-2019 academic year
Procedure for applying for reception places for primary, infant and nursery schools.
The application process for the 2018-2019 reception intake opens on 13 November 2017. Information regarding the process and the final primary timescale is now available.
Primary admissions timescale
- Week commencing 6 November 2017 - information on application process distributed to schools.
- Monday 13 November 2017 - online and telephone application facilities open.
- Midnight Monday 15 January 2018 - closing date for submission of applications.
- By Friday 26 January 2018 - admissions and transport team send other local authorities details of Derbyshire children who have expressed preferences for their schools.
- By Friday 26 January 2018 - admissions and transport team to have received from other local authorities details of their children who have
- By Friday 9 March 2018 - admissions and transport team to send to other local authorities potential offers of places in Derbyshire schools.
- By Friday 9 March 2018 - admissions and transport team to receive from other local authorities potential offers of places in their schools.
- Monday 16 April 2018 - national offer day. Decision available online and letters posted second class where appropriate.
- Monday 16 April 2018 - waiting lists for all oversubscribed schools established and administered by the admissions team.
- Wednesday 16 May 2018 - closing date for appeals (20 school days from offer day).
- May 2018 onwards - own admission authority schools to inform admissions and transport team of the outcome of appeals to the independent appeal panels. Where appeals have been successful, the admissions team will deal with any resulting movement.
- Thursday 19 July 2018 - main round of appeals to be heard by this date.
- From Wednesday 5 September 2018 - schools to notify the admissions and transport team of any pupil allocated a place who does not take up the place offered or who leaves whilst the waiting list is maintained.
- Monday 31 December 2018 - waiting lists cease to be maintained by admissions and transport team.